Junior Game Designer (m/f/div)
Klang is an independent game development studio based in Berlin. It was founded by three Icelanders in the spring of 2013. In July 2015, Klang launched its first project, ReRunners: Race for the World, for iOS and Android devices, which was extremely well-received by both the gaming press and the gaming community. Now, Klang is working on its next project, Seed, a simulation MMO utilizing SpatialOS technology.
Are you a disciplined self-starter and passionate collaborator ? Klang is looking for a Junior Game Designer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
- Content Import
- Game data editing - balancing content and systems by tweaking values
- Coding or scripting of game features, content or tools
- Authoring modular character behaviours using proprietary tools
- Content authoring in Unity
- Writing design and tool documentation
- Generating playtest feedback for designs and character behaviours
- Working with the design team to plan and implement new systems
- Recent (or about to) graduate with a Game Design and/or Computer Science focus
- Has modding experience, adding content to an existing game
- Understanding of utility AI
- Experience using git as source control
- Coding experience - C#
- A passion for simulation, MMO games.
- Software debugging experience
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project (https://seed-project.io/) from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options
- Monthly travel pass
- Membership with Urban Sports Club
- Regular team events and a well-stocked fridge
- Relocation support
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.