You want to dig deep and build compelling systems for a highly ambitious AI-driven MMO simulation game?
Klang is looking for a Backend Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet.
Seed is a simulation MMO where players interact and collaborate to create a world driven by real emotion and aspiration. A persistent simulation where the player’s goal is to take over a vast planet to ensure the survival of humanity.
Seed utilizes SpatialOS from Improbable, which allows Seed to be a persistent, continuously running simulation. All Seed-Universe game logic is running and living on the technology’s powerful server.
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of designers and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new systems, focused on game services (player account, payments etc)
- Contribute to key decisions regarding tech stack choices
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs
- Identify technical and developmental bottlenecks and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Provide input on the technical direction for an ambitious MMO project
- Build and maintain great documentation
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have in-depth experience of creating backend services for games or a related field
- You’re highly proficient in C#, or have proven experience in adapting to new languages
- You quickly pick up new tools and systems
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment
- You communicate exceptionally well within an interdisciplinary team in an open and honest environment
- Ability to write automated tests
- You are able to communicate fluently in English
- Previously worked the full life cycle of game development, from dev to release
- Experience in working with multiplayer networked games
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Compute or Amazon Web Services
- Experience in using .net core or golang to write container based microservices
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSql data storage systems
- Experience with using GRPC to write distributed systems
- Experience with SpatialOS
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary
- Monthly travel pass
- Relocation support
- Free German classes of the office
- Urban Sports Club Membership
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.