Senior VFX/ Technical Artist
Everything flows! Do you want to bring the world of our AI-driven MMO project Seed truly alive with beautiful visuals?
Klang is looking for experienced VFX/ Technical Artists who enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
In close collaboration with the Art Director, you will capture the essence of our visual style and translate it into technical languages; you will create shaders and particle systems in Unity that match the game’s aesthetics and fit into an MMO’s technical requirements.
What you will do:
- Perform a variety of tasks to bridge the gap between code and art. Working with a variety of content creation tools e.g. Blender, Maya, Unity, Houdini and more
- Collaborate closely with art direction, game designers and engineers
- Define and champion both artistic and technical requirements for all in-game assets
- Shader optimisation
- Optimise workflows for our art team
- Mentor and work together with junior staff
- Build and maintain great documentation
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have +3 years experience as a game artist, focusing on technical tasks. Expertise with one of more of the following is valuable: tools, shaders, procedural art techniques, pipelines/workflow definition, documentation etc.
- You are excited to develop processes and workflows to allow us to efficiently execute the highly stylized, low poly style of our game, Seed
- You know your way around Unity, or another game engine
- You are always on the lookout for ways to improve the art production pipeline
- You have experience working in an agile development environment
- You are good at communicating within an interdisciplinary and autonomous team in an open and honest environment, you highly value giving and receiving constructive feedback
- You are able to communicate fluently in English
- You possess a curious mind- always eager to learn new things, and teach them to the team!
- You know your way around Unity rendering pipelines and shaders
- You have experience with with automating workflows in Maya
- Creating an optimizing VFX
- You are eager to learn more about Houdini or already know a whole lot about it!
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Options
- Monthly travel pass or Urban sports club membership
- Relocation support & Free German classes
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.